It’s that time of year: Red Carpet Season! And to gear up for the first event–the Golden Globe Awards–members of the Spanx PR team headed to LA to help celeb attendees get their SPANX on!
On Thursday, the team dropped off Golden Globes styling kits to an impressive list of celebrity stylists, each with an impressive roster of clients:
- Michaela Erlanger dresses the likes of Michelle Dockery, Winona Ryder, Lupita Nyong’o and Debra Messing
- Jessica Paster’s clients include Emily Blunt, Felicity Jones and Ellie Kemper
- Erin Walsh keeps fashionplates like Kerry Washington, Kristen Wiig and Sarah Jessica Parker looking red carpet-ready
- Penny Lovell dresses Rose Byrne and Ginnfer Goodwin
- Gaelle Paul has helped SPANX fan Adele hone her sophisticated looks
Friday and Saturday they set up shop at the GBK Productions’ Golden Globes Seeding Event where they joined the St. Regis Bora Bora and Aspen, Airweave, Pilto Pen and other sponsors in gifting products and services to celebrities. The visiting female stars received Trust Your Thinstincts Mid-Thigh Shapers, while the men took home Pro-Wick Boxer Briefs.
The celebs posed for pictures and shared their SPANX stories…
Sharmila Devar, Scandal: “I can’t tell you how many pairs of SPANX I have! I was them on Scandal every single day. They won’t let me put on a pencil skirt without them!”
Rachelle Lefevre, Under the Dome: “SPANX is everybody’s best friend! I don’t think I’ve ever worn a dress without them. At least when the cameras are around!”
Mircea Monroe, Episodes: “You don’t have to explain it, trust me! I know all about SPANX!”
SPANX may be synonymous with shaping, but we’ve also got a foot in the sock game. For warmth, for fashion or for function, our socks totally rock. And with so many sock-friendly trends stepping up this season, it’s the perfect time to walk the walk.
Over-the-Knee Socks are a sexy way to stay warm this winter. Pair this look with a pair of knee high boots to create a layered look that’s as stylish as it is cozy. (Get Over It! Over-the-Knee Socks, Scalloped Edge in Heather Gray Animal, $24.)
Kneed It Now
Pairing a classic shoe with a funky sock gives any look an edge. Try a classic Oxford with a patterned knee sock for a fashionable take on a traditional style.(Well Heeled! Sweater Knee Socks in Heather Gray Bold Chevron, $18.)
Do a Double Take
Two-tone socks add texture and depth to your favorite outfit. Wear them thigh-high with taller boots, or slouch them down to show off the layered hues (and your legs) with ankle boots. (Get Over It! Over-the-Knee Socks, Ribbed Texture in Black/Gray, $24.)
Spanx HQ is located in Atlanta–a city nicknamed Hot-lanta for it’s steamy weather. But this week, the ATL has been chilled by a serious cold snap. With temps in the single digits (and wind chills below zero!), the Spanx-ters are cooking up some of our favorite winter foods.
The Arctic blast is hitting everyone hard, so we thought we’d share some of our recipes to help you fend off the frigid temps. From steamy soups to decadent desserts, it’s the perfect time of year to indulge in some culinary comfort.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the Hot Chocolate, place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate with wire whisk until melted. Stir in food color and vanilla. Pour into serving cups. Serve with marshmallows and Vanilla Whipped Cream, if desired.
- For the Vanilla Whipped Cream, beat heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
With New Year’s Eve less than a week away, the Spanx-ters are making resolutions for 2014. Check out our plans for the coming year and share your own in the comments!
Callie: I want to get in shape for my wedding in July!
Charlotte: I definitely want to be in shape for my wedding in October, but I’m also excited to get started on design projects around the house.
Lauren: Is it cliche to say I’m going to eat healthier?
Michelle: I plan to get involved with more charitable causes. I’ve learned a lot about giving from working at Spanx and I want to find my own ways to give back.
Alison: I want to spend more time on hobbies that make me happy: Take a dance class, find new music and food festivals and even try my hand at standup comedy. Eric: I want to make time to see more live music.
Missy: My husband and I just bought our first house, so I want to get settled in so we can start entertaining our friends and family there.
Maggie: I’ll be spending as much time with my husband and our beautiful new baby boy as I can!